Monday, September 23, 2013

Oodles of Zuudles!

I looooove pasta, but am trying to start trying to lose some weight for the wedding...count down 300 days! Spaghetti squash is a great substitute and now (thanks to Laura!) I have added another pasta impostor to my menu, zucchini. Laura helped me make this because I wont go near a mandolin- had a big accident with one in 2009. They are dangerous if you don't use them correctly, but can be safe if using the guard! If you're daring, feel free to use a mandolin, if not, slice these veggies super thin with a knife. Top with my chicken meatballs and your favorite sauce. Serves 4

Ingredients
4 zucchini, sliced into strings
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 shallot, diced
1/4 yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 pinch salt and 1 pinch pepper

In a large pan cook salt, pepper, garlic, onions, and shallots in oil over low heat
Add zucchini, and turn up heat to medium
Stir constantly, folding over for about 2 minutes
Taste test, if it's al dente it's ready!
If not, cook for another few minutes

Serve with meatballs and/or sauce




No comments:

Post a Comment