Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fried Chickpeas

Fried food is something I rarely make (1. because it's not healthy 2. because I usually burn myself). This dish is different- it's light, crispy, and tangy. I've seen this on menus at a few restaurants so I tried out the dish and found that it's easy, light, and a great side. Serves 4

Ingredients
1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp zest from one lemon
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp thyme
1/2 tbsp rosemary
1 tsp smoked or regular paprika
2 pinches of salt

In a pan, cook oil over medium high heat
Dry chickpeas with a paper towel, then add the the pan
Stir every few minutes for about 15 minutes, until crispy
In a bowl mix other ingredients
Place chickpeas on a paper towel to drain
Mix in the bowl with seasonings


Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment