Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Banana Coffee Cake

Because bananas were 19 cents this week in my grocery store, I had to buy a bunch. After a few days, I realized 6 was a little over kill and decided to make a yummy breakfast/dessert. This recipe originally was in the form of muffins but I found it better to be put into a coffee cake type dish. Serves 10




Ingredients
Cake: 
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup sugar
1 large egg, beaten
5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
1 2/3 cup flour
2 3/4 tsp baking powder
1 pinch salt

Toppings:
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tbsp almond butter
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tsp cinnamon 
1 tbsp butter

PreHeat oven to 350F
In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder
In a large bowl combine bananas, sugar, melted butter, and egg
Whisk or use a mixer to form a batter
Add in flour mixture
Pour into a baking pan

In another small bowl, combine topping ingredients
Drizzle over batter and bake for about 20 minutes
Check to see if it's ready by poking with a knife
Eat immediately



1 comment:

  1. Yum! I wish I lived with you so I could eat your cooking all the time!

    ReplyDelete