Friday, April 27, 2012

Gluten-Free Friday Super Carrot Ginger Salad

I don't post many salads because I think they are pretty straight forward, BUT this salad combines a few ingredients that were randomly put together and tasted awesome. The dressing is one that I tried on a plain spinach salad. I added other ingredients to spice things up! There are many textures and tastes that I hope you enjoy.  Serves 2

Ingredients
1/4 cup Carrot Ginger Dressing*
1 cup spinach leaves, washed and dried
1/4 cup edamame, shell removed
1/4 cup quinoa (I used my left overs from Sunday)
1/4 cup carrots, shredded in a grater or 6 baby carrots
1/4 cup canned chickpeas, washed and dried
sprinkling of dried cranberries
pumpkin seeds or sunflower seeds

*For the Dressing:
1 large carrot
1/2 shallot (other half from the red pepper puree and pea recipe)
1 1inch piece of ginger, peeled and diced
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
1/6 (half of 1/3) cup canola oil
salt and pepper to taste

Soften carrot by chopping then steaming or boiling for 10 minutes
When cool add to a blender with other ingredients
Puree

In a bowl, mix other ingredients
Pour dressing over and toss!








1 comment:

  1. I made the carrot ginger dressing for a dinner party on Sunday and it was a hit! Thanks for the recipe, Rachel!

    ReplyDelete