Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Butter

Note: I did not make my own gnocchi because pasta is an item I refuse to waste time making :) I bought this gnocchi hand made at a market, which made it cheap and easy! I paid $3 for a half pound which was the perfect amount for two people as a side. C and I had this with short ribs and a salad. Sage is an herb that i rarely use, but it surprises me every time that I do. Enjoy this recipe, it's one of my new favorites. Serves 2 as a big side


Ingredients
1/2 lb sweet potato gnocchi
1/4 cup good butter
7 large pieces of fresh sage
1/4 cup walnuts, chopped into 4ths
1 tsp olive oil

In a large pot, bring water to a boil
Add the gnocchi in batches, cooking for 5-6 minutes
Drain and place in a bowl

While the gnocchi is cooking, create the buttery goodness
In a medium pan, melt butter over medium heat
Stir for 5 minutes with a whisk
The milk fat will separate and that's okay
Add 5 pieces of sage and walnuts
Stir for about 5 more minutes

In another pan (sorry lots of pans!), heat oil over medium high heat
Add sage and cook for 1 minute per side to crisp
Remove with tongs and lay on a napkin to drain

When all gnocchi is cooked, pour sauce over it and toss
Crush the crispy sage over the dish and serve!








No comments:

Post a Comment