Thursday, December 29, 2011

EASY Pea and Parm Risotto

I get tired just hearing the word Risotto. This dish usually takes about an hour of constant stirring and tasting and I never get the right consistency. Risotto is the one dish I usually don't mind spending money on when eating out because I refuse to make it at home. Not anymore!!! This recipe, tweeked from Barefoot Contessa's new book (which I got as a Christmas present) is the easiest way to look like you put in a lot of effort, when in fact, I had a dance party with my nephew while it cooked :) 
Feel free to replace peas with asparagus, butternut squash or ....lobster?
Serves 6




Ingredients


1.5 cups Arborio rice
5 cups gluten-free vegetable broth (divided-4 cups & 1 cup)
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1.25 cups frozen peas
salt and pepper to taste*
*remember that broth tends to have a lot of salt!

Preheat oven to 350 F
Place rice and 4 cups of vegetable broth in a Dutch oven
(I used my new Le Creuset!!!!)
Cover and bake for 45 minutes


Remove from the oven and add broth, cheese, wine, butter, salt and pepper
Stir for 3 minutes with a wooden spoon
Add peas and stir





No comments:

Post a Comment