Friday, November 11, 2011

Gluten Free Friday Dessert

For all of you gluten-free folks out there, I made this dessert because of numerous requests for a dessert without gluten. Also, my roommate and I have an abundance of confection sugar and needed to clear some cabinet space. Voila...Puppy Chow! Serves 8


Ingredients
4.5 cups rice Chex
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup peanut butter (I like using chunky)
4 tbsp butter, room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp cinnamon
2/3 cups confection sugar



In a large microwavable bowl, combine peanut butter, butter and chocolate chips
Heat in the microwave for 45 seconds, uncovered
Stir and cook for 20 seconds more
Meanwhile, pour cereal into a large dish
Once gooey mixture is heated, stir in vanilla and cinnamon
Pour gooey mixture over cereal and mix with a spoon
Add powdered sugar and stir until evenly coated
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love puppy chow!! I cannot wait to make this! Gluten Free Friday posts are the BEST! xx

    ReplyDelete