Thursday, November 10, 2011

Apple Cider Muffins

Apple cider and apple cider donuts are two of my favorite fall treats. These muffins have now been added to the list! I bought a big jug of cider and wanted to make an easy on-the-go breakfast muffin. This recipe was the perfect concoction! I hope you enjoy them as much as I have! Makes 16 mini muffins
Ingredients
3 tbsp egg whites, at room temperature
1/2 +1/3 cup pasteurized apple cider (I used a bit less)
1/3 cup sugar
7 tbsp butter, at room temperature
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp brown sugar for topping

Preheat oven to 350F
Either grease or put cupcake holders into 12 cupcake wells (I used mini cupcake holders but still used big wells)
In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar
Add egg and beat
Mix in a small bowl the flour, powder, cinnamon and salt

Add half of this mixture to the creamed butter
Once mixed, add half of the cider
After beating, add the remaining flour 
Finally add remaining cider
Fill the cups 3/4 of the way full
Bake for 20-25 minutes
Half way through, sprinkle some brown sugar over each muffin
Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment