Sunday, October 6, 2013

Sunday Night Cider Cocktails

Spiked cider is a drink I've enjoyed since I was young (sorry to sell you out dad) and it's one of my favorite Thanksgiving drinks to have next to a fire. I assumed it was a complicated recipe, since I've never personally made it and it tastes so rich. I also assumed it was only served hot. A few weeks ago I went to a dinner party where the host (shout out to Patti!)  served chilled spiked cider and I got to see how easy it is to make. I hope you "Fall" in love with this drink as much as I did. Serves 6



Ingredients
2 small green apples, thinly sliced
1/2 cup dark rum
1/2 cup cinnamon schnapps 
8 cups apple cider
12 cinnamon sticks
ice

Combine rum, schnapps, and cider,in a large pitcher
Pour over ice and place a cinnamon stick in each glass
String apples on a cocktail stick, or just place a few slices in the glass
That's it
Easy as pie!  



No comments:

Post a Comment