Wednesday, August 21, 2013

White Bean Feta Artichoke Dip

Everyone needs a good simple dip and this one has become my staple. I realized I needed something else besides cheese and crackers when having guests over and I turned to my shelves. I pulled a can of cannellini beans and a jar of artichokes.  By adding some simple ingredients from the farmers market and a few from in my fridge...voila! This dip is tangy, sweet, and salty all in one bite. Perfect with pita chips, crackers, or these great garlic crostini. Serves 8
Ingredients
Dip:
1 can cannellini beans, drained
1 small jar artichokes, drained
juice from 1/2 lemon
6 basil leaves, chopped
1/4 cup feta cheese
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp pepper

Crostini:
1/2 loaf of french bread, cut diagonally into thin pieces
1 clove garlic, peeled

Preheat Broiler
Place bread in the oven until crispy, 3-5 minutes
When you bring them out, rub with garlic

In a blender, combine all dip ingredients
Add extra oil if needed
Blend for about 2 minutes until smooth

Spread dip over crostini, enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment