Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Green Goddess Dressing

I love love love this dip. Every time I go wine tasting and bring crackers or just need something cool to go with cucumbers, this is what I buy. I realized it's time I try to make it myself. I was surprised at how easy it was and that it had an ick ingredient (that I decided to leave out) anchovies! Fun Fact: This recipe was invented in San Francisco the 1920s as tribute to a play called The Green Goddess by William Archer.
Serves 10





Ingredients
1/2 cup fancy mayonnaise (good mayo makes a difference)
1/2 cup sour cream
4 green onions, white and green parts chopped
2/3 cup basil leaves
1/2 tbsp tarragon
Juice from one lemon
1 clove garlic, chopped
sprinkle of salt and pepper

Salad fixins:
I used asparagus, colorful tomatoes, and avocado

In a blender, combine all ingredients except sour cream
Once smooth, add sour cream

Pour over any salad! Keep refrigerated and use within 5 days






No comments:

Post a Comment