Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday Morning Chocolate Chip and Strawberry Pancakes with Almond Milk

This was my first time making pancakes without using a box mix, I was very worried about how they would turn out, but my critic and I agreed that they were quite yummy! I decided to use almond milk instead of regular milk, which didn't seem to change the taste or consistency. Pair these colorful flapjacks with a good Vermont Maple syrup. Enjoy!  Makes 12

Ingredients
2 tbsp good butter*
*1 tbsp extra for the pan
1/2 cup almond milk
1 egg
2/3 cup flour
1 pinch sugar
1 pinch salt
2 tsp baking powder
4 strawberries, quartered
3 tbsp semi sweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)

Heat a pan over medium and add 1 tbsp butter
Combine dry ingredients in a small bowl
-flour, sugar, salt, baking powder
In the microwave, melt butter (about 15 seconds if you cut it up)
Then add almond milk and heat for 10 more seconds
Stir
In a large bowl, whisk egg
Slowly add milk mixture
Then add flour mixture
When butter bubbles on the pan, add 3 tbsp worth of batter
Allow to cook until bubbling through
Flip and cook for another 30 seconds
Note: dont press down on the pancakes, I am told that it lets out the much needed air.
Enjoy with warm maple syrup!








No comments:

Post a Comment